so you have new jewelry. hooray!!!!!
I am so excited and honored that one of my creations has become part of your life story.
my pieces are crafted with meticulous attention to detail and the highest quality materials. which means that with proper care, your favorite jules sontag pieces can be worn and enjoyed for a lifetime.
a little TLC goes a long way toward keeping your jewels looking their best.
general care tips:
- remove jewelry before bathing, swimming, and exposure to extreme humidity. rings with porous stones such as turquoise, and transparent stones in a closed-back bezel setting should be removed before washing your hands.
- jewelry comes off first and goes on last; creams, lotions, hairspray, oils or perfume can be damaging to stones and the surface of the metal, so put your jewelry on when your beauty routine is complete!
- for gentle cleaning, a soft toothbrush, lukewarm water and mild dish soap should do the trick.
- silver, brass and bronze will develop a natural patina over time. humidity and some types of skin chemistry will accelerate this process. some find the aged / oxidized finish to be beautiful and fascinating; after time, the piece truly becomes your own as it gains character.
if the naturally aged look isn't to your taste, here are some tips to keep your polished jewelry looking shinier for longer:
- if you don’t plan to wear your piece for a while, store it in an airtight plastic bag, and be sure to wipe it down first with a soft cloth to remove dirt and body oils. when packing your jewelry for travel, store each piece in a separate bag to prevent scratching.
- a professional jewelry polishing cloth / pad can be used to restore the original shine. These can also be found at most fine jewelry stores. never use harsh abrasive chemicals or 'dip' cleaners as these are harmful to the finish on the piece and can permanently damage your beautiful stones.
if your jewelry needs a bit of TLC; cleaning, refinishing or repairs, please send a note to let me know how I can help (a photo is very helpful if the piece is damaged). Cost of repairs evaluated on a case-by-case basis, depending on the nature of the damage and the date of purchase.
if you have additional questions about caring for your jewelry, please get in touch! You’ll find the 'contact' button at the bottom of the website or email me: hello(at)julessontag(dot)com.